Colma, CA Employment & Labor Violations Attorney
Employment law touches on many areas of your life: your career, your finances and your future. Because of this, employment law disputes can get heated very quickly. You may be fired, demoted, harassed, even assaulted in Colma, CA. You may be subject to illegal discrimination because of your gender, race, handicap, or some other aspect of who you simply are. You may experience retaliation for bringing internal malfeasance or illegal behavior to the attention of management. You may be denied employment or a promotion, even laid-off due to factors as simple as your age! So it is of critical importance, if you are involved in any kind of employment dispute, to seek experienced and responsive legal counsel as soon as possible.
Please Call 415-840-8489 Or Contact Us Online Today!
The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. provides representation to employees in California. We focus our employment law practice solely on employees, not employers. You can rely on our Colma, CA Employment & Labor Violations Attorneys’ dedication to your claim.
Standing Up To Employers
Filing a complaint against your employer is best handled by an experienced employment law attorney. Employment discrimination cases involve complex legal issues and strict deadlines. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) have filing deadlines and regulations you must follow. Our employment lawyer began his career by representing employers, defending companies against employee claims. Now he is committed to employee plaintiff representation, using the knowledge of the opposition to your benefit.
Federal and state laws prohibit employers from basing employment decisions on sex, gender or sexual orientation, age, race or disability. We can help you with employee claims involving issues such as:
- Employment harassment in the form of name-calling, unwarranted disciplinary actions and other actions on the basis of discrimination.
- Wrongful termination, which is any firing that violates the law. Keep in mind that not all terminations are wrongful, but those based on discrimination and similar issues may be.
- Employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, pregnancy, age, disability, national origin, religion and more.
- Sexual harassment in the form of sexually explicit language, unwanted advances, inappropriate touching and quid pro quo requests from management.
- Colma, CAEmployment agreements, from reviewing them and negotiating them to resolving disputes involving an employer’s failure to comply with them.
- >Termination for filing a workers’ compensation claim, which is illegal.
- Retaliation in the form of termination or other negative actions for filing any type of claim against an employer, from workers’ compensation claims to whistleblower claims.
- Whistleblowing, which is the act of reporting employer wrongdoing.
- Workplace violence in any form.
- Defamation such as false allegations of employee theft or dishonesty, or reports of failure to perform work duties as required.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims, including failure to provide leave and termination for workers who have requested or used leave.
Employment Attorney in Colma, CA
Defending the rights of employees throughout California. Contact us online, or call 415-840-8489 in Colma, CA